Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Sligo)
The role will involve becoming a member of the Kaon Automation design team, responsible for the design and implementation of automated equipment.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Work within the design team to develop innovative concepts from customer requirements
- 3D Design of Mechatronic equipment including mechanisms; transfer systems, servo systems, robotics, pneumatics, electrical equipment and machine guarding systems
- Hands on involvement at the build and de-bug stage to ensure designs meet performance specifications.
- Ability to take responsibility for large projects and manage cross functional terms through the life cycle of a project
- Give guidance and direction to machine build technicians to help them realise designs
- ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Design and implement process improvements for existing automation equipment
- Prepare detailed tooling drawings and pneumatic schematics
- Liaise with suppliers for component procurement
- Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Preparing detailed safety risk assessments and FMEAs
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards
- Meeting project delivery deadlines
- Excellent communication skills are vital as you will have to work within a technical team and be expected to communicate on job specification and issues etc. that are occurring on a day to day basis.
- Responsibility for quality, commissioning and safety of designs completed
Educational, Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Educated to degree level in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience including:
- Involvement in significant automation projects with responsibility for design sign off, installation and commissioning
- Extensive experience in a machine design role
- Strong experience using 3D CAD applications e.g. SolidWorks